Friday, December 12, 2008

TAHİNLİ KURABİYE





TAHINI COOKIES


These cookies are delicious, if you like the taste of tahini. The original recipe is in Turkish and belongs to a very famous Turkish food site. The only change that I made is adding baking soda after baking them several times.

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup of sugar
  • 1 cup of tahini
  • 1+1/2 sticks of butter ( in a room temperature )
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1/2 tsp of vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp of baking soda
  • enough flour ( approximately 4 cups )
Topping:
  • 1 cup of crushed walnut
  • 1 egg white
Take sugar and tahini in a large mixing bowl and mix it with a whisk. Add butter, egg yolk, vanilla, and baking soda in to the bowl. Start to knead by adding flour slowly and stop adding flour until the dough reaches a hard consistency. Take small parts ( about the size of walnut ) from the dough and give them the shape of small balls and press them gently while they are still between your palms. Dip ( just one side of the cookies ) them first into egg white and then coat with walnut. Place them on a greased baking tray. Preheat the oven 350 F. Bake the cookies for 15 to 20 minutes.

6 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

I love tahini, so those cookies make me drool! They must taste delightfully good!

Cheers,

Rosa

Unknown said...

Dear Iffet,

Thank you so much for leaving your comment on my blog. I didn't even know about this blog of yours. I am so glad you left a link for it. I see so many interesting things to try. I love to cook especially try different food from other countries. Being from Bosnia we do have a lot of food similar to Turkish, and I have tried many Turkish recipes and love the taste. Maybe some day I will start a blog in English , till than if you see any recipes that you would like to try please email me I will be more than happy to write them in english for you. My email is amratojaga@gmail.com

Keep up a good work ;)

Amra

Anonymous said...

Iffetcim, eski emaillere bakarken blogunla alakali emaili gordum. Hayirli ugurlu olsun canim.Cok uzun zamandir gorusemedik, oglusun kimbilir nekadar buyumustur. Ellerine saglik blogun cok guzel olmus, bundan sonra devamli ziyaretcilerindenim ins. bikkinlik vermem. cookk opuyorum.

Serap

My Turkish Kitchen said...

Serap abla,
Tesekkurler oncelikle.
Cok sevindim blogumu ziyaret etmis olmana, her zaman beklerim bikkinlik ne demek.
Iffet

Saliha said...

iffetcım,ellerıne saglık..çat pat olan ıng. ile okudum tarıfı:)) ama boylece gelıstırmıste olurum degılmı?
ellerıne saglık canım....

Anonymous said...

I like all of your cookies recipies Cheers! natalya