Monday, August 3, 2009

CACIK


GARLIC & CUCUMBER YOGURT

Serves 3

Cacik goes very well with any kind of meatball or kebab. It is so refreshing for these hot summer days.

Ingredients:
  • 1+1/2 cups of yogurt
  • 3 cucumbers
  • 4 garlic cloves (minced )
  • 1 tbsp of dried mint ( ground )
  • salt
In a large bowl; take yogurt, garlic and salt. Whisk until it is smooth. You could add 1/2 cup of cold water if the yogurt is too thick, mine wasn't that thick so I didn't add water.
Peel and dice cucumber. Add diced cucumber and mint to the bowl and stir.

4 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

It's impossible for me not to like that combo ;-P!

Cheers,

Rosa

Karynefoodaddict said...

If I use fresh mint leaves, how much should I use?

Karynefoodaddict said...

Not "how much" but "how many", sorry for this....

My Turkish Kitchen said...

Karyne,
I have never tried cacik with fresh mint but you might try with 3 tbsp of finely chopped fresh mint. I hope it turns out well.